Generally underlinedwords are links
21 May Good News Following the recent relaxation of the COVID-
1. Members from one household who have their own boats may go to the Club but not into the Clubhouse (except as in 9. Below).
2. Members should make sure that they and their group use the toilet before visiting and carefully wash their hands before coming to the Club and on returning home. Toilet and washing facilities at the Club should NOT be used.
3. Members should bring their own supply of handgel, handwipes and/or spray. All gates should be locked and the locks etc. wiped down afterwards. If you touch a surface clean it.
4. Members may only use their own boat and equipment.
5. Club equipment including boats, buoyancy aids etc. is NOT to be used.
6. No safety boat cover is available. (In emergency throwbag and life rings can be used and should be sanitised after use).
7. Children must be closely supervised at all times.
8. Maintain social distancing: keep at least 2 metres away from other individuals or family groups. No socialising with other people, no guests, no unnecessary time on premises.
9. Entry to the Clubhouse is not generally permitted and must be kept to an absolute minimum as this presents the greatest risk. The only permitted entry is the initial removal of personal sailing equipment and to obtain any necessary keys. All objects, surfaces, handles etc. that you touch must be wiped down afterwards.
10. Necessary sailing equipment can no longer be stored in the Clubhouse. After initial removal we suggest that you keep this equipment at home, in your car or inside your boat. If this presents a problem please contact Nigel Knowles (email@example.com) with a view to providing storage under the Clubhouse.
11. If for any reason you enter the Clubhouse, follow the safety protocol posted inside carefully and email Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org )in case we need to trace you.
12. Inform Graham immediately if you develop any symptoms which might be Coronavirus in the following weeks.
Note that the radio and lights in the Clubhouse have been left on as a security measure and that members designated to keep the Club secure may be present.
We all look forward to further activities once official advice permits.
John Botterill Commodore
Photos from events are in Google Photos and stories are in the Stories page
Dutyman dutylist Bar duties are in Dutyman. All duties and Duty reminder emails are suspended until further notice.
RYA InBrief complements the RYA’s other, member only newsletters, that individual RYA members can sign up to receive as part of their RYA membership. RYA London and South East News. RYA Club room Archived News items
30 March Unfortunately the government Covid-
22 April Instead of the usual Bar Night at the Club, which can’t happen due to the Covid-
04 March Due to the Covid-
01 March Spring but the water level is still close to coming over the bank with 3-
21 February The stream is now 3 to 4 knots and has been several inches over the bank.
19 January The stream was 2 knts and every reach had a red board warning. As the water was over the down stream slipway Nigel took the opportunity, helped by Bryan, Gordon and Graham, to float the Aquarius patrol boat over the slipway as the first stage of taking it out to fix some leaking rivets. They are in the bow to help lift the stern enough to allow the skeg to slide over the slipway.
01 January We couldn't sail on New Year's Day after all as the stream was too fast. But we had a lovely lunch -
|Burns Night 2019|
|Mid Summer Cruise 2019|
|Shakespeare evening 2019 Story|
|Future Events Archive|
|Race Results Archive|
|Burns Night 2019|
|Mid Summer Cruise 2019|
|Burns Night 2018|
|Hog Roast 2018|
|SoS Party 2018|
|AGM 2017 Story|
|Annual Dinner 2017|
|Hog Roast 2017|
|Xmas Lunch 2017|
|Cruise 2016 Story|
|Hog Roast 2016|
|Ladies Day 2016|
|New Years Day 2016|
|Regatta 2016 Story|
|Round course faster MB|
|Sailing 4 Sep 2016|
|Sailing faster GT|
|Start of Season Party|
|Work party 2016 March|
|Annual dinner 2015 story|
|AQSC Regatta 2015 story|
|Cowboy Evening 2015 story|
|Easter Egg 2015 story|
|Hog roast 2015 story|
|Mid-Thames Trophy 2015 story|
|Molesey Carnval 2015 story|
|Open Weekend 2015|
|Sunbury Regatta 2015 story|
|Work party 14 October 2015|
|Bewl Weekend Aug|
|Cheats Xmas Lunch|
|Car park & TW work|
|Hog Roast 2014|
|Latin American Eve|
|Mid Thames Trophy|
|New members 2014|
|Sailing Mid 2014|
|Wine and Cheese Eve|
|Work Party Oct 2014|
|Sailing Duties Archive|
|Bar Duties Archive|
|Learning to Sail|
|First solo sail 25 August 2019|
|Tern being lifted out 21 August 2019|
|Cheats Xmas Lunch 2018 Jenga Tower|
|Open day Sunday 22 May 2011 windy Laser sailing|
|Starting Practice Sunday 26 April 2017|
|Sunday 15 January 2012, Trudi & Frank|
|Apricot walnut cake|